Defining what makes the best California road trips depends on expectations. Some will want to eat their way through the famous culinary spots California is famous. Others will want to sip local wine. Or maybe want to explore theme parks. So much to do and see in California! For this West Coast USA road trip itinerary, we will focus on adventurous things to do, outdoor activities, US national parks, and water sports.
West Coast USA Road Trip Itinerary: 2 Weeks
You can start your road trip from either San Francisco, Los Angeles, or Las Vegas. The below itinerary starts from San Francisco, but you can jump at any time if you start from any of the other two cities.
The itinerary can be done either as a loop returning to the city of origin, or rent a car from one and leave it at another. This would certainly be an easy option with San Francisco to/from Los Angeles as this is the same state of California.
- Day 1: Fly into San Francisco airport
- Day 2: San Francisco Alcatraz and city sightseeing
- Day 3: Yosemite National
- Day 4: Death Valley
- Day 5: Las Vegas
- Day 6: Bryce National Park
- Day 7: Zion National Park
- Day 8: Hoover Dam and Grand Canyon
- Day 9: Joshua Tree National Park
- Day 10: San Diego
- Day 11: Los Angeles
- Day 12: Santa Monica & La Jolla
- Day 13: San Luis Obispo & Monterey
- Day 14: San Francisco
Top Places to Visit in California
Among the best places to visit in California, here are some of the must-see California attractions:
- California Cities:
- San Francisco
- Los Angeles
- San Diego
- Santa Monica
- National Parks in California:
- Yosemite National Park
- Sequoia National Park
- Joshua Tree National Park
- Mojave National Preserve
Adventurous Things to Do In California
For those looking into thrilling experiences, check one of these top California activities:
- Trek in Bryce Canyon National Park or Yosemite National Park
- Kayak in La Jolla or at the Emerald Bay in Lake Tahoe
- Kitesurf in San Francisco Bay Area
- Take a flightseeing helicopter ride over the Grand Canyon
- Surf in Los Angeles
- Bike over the Golden Gate Bridge or through the Napa Valley
- Take a boat to the Channel Islands
- Go whale-watching from San Diego or Monterey Bay
- Horseback ride in the Sierra Nevada mountains
More details will come shortly to provide complete information about our trip, including travel tips and how to organize your West Coast Road Trip itinerary.
For now, here are some West Coast photos that will make you want to pack and go right away!
Stay tuned for more from our travel around the world!
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram for more recent photos,
and YouTube for our latest videos.
More travel news? Sign-up for our newsletter!
Leave a Reply