Traveling to Hawaii is everyone’s dream, and the different Hawaii islands have plenty to offer to all expectations. What to do in Hawaii really depends on what you are looking for, and a Hawaii itinerary can be as varied as a camping trip to a week-long spa treat, scuba-diving to watching a traditional hula show. Our Hawaii Itinerary is for outdoor enthusiasts that want to explore Big Island things to do.
Hawaii Itinerary: 10 Days
- Day 1: Arrive in Kona Airport
- Day 2-3: Dive south of Kona in the famous scuba-diving spots like Two Steps, or watch Manta Rays during night dive
- Day 4: Drive from Kona to the Volcanoes National Park, stopping at the beaches
- Day 5-7: Explore the Volcanoes National Park, spending one day driving around, and two on a trek to some of the more remote areas of the park
- Day 8: Take a sightseeing helicopter tour from Hilo to observe the volcanoes from high above
- Day 9: Drive north of Hilo to explore the coast, and return to Kona
- Day 10: Chill in the morning before taking a flight back home
Best Things to Do on the Big Island
- Dive or learn to dive
- Board a helicopter ride over the volcanoes
- Hike in the Volcanoes National Park
- Kayak around Captain Cook Monument in Kealakekua Bay.
- Learn about the island’s history at the Puuhonua o Honaunau National Historical Park
- Swim in Ho‘okena Beach Park or Punalu’u Black Sand Beach
- Watch the stars from the Mauna Koa
- Enjoy the remoteness of the Waipio Beach
- Admire the Akaka Falls
More details will come shortly to provide complete information about our trip, including travel tips and how to organize your Big Island Hawaii Itinerary.
For now, here are some Big Island photos that will make you want to pack and go right away to Hawaii!
US Road Trip Itineraries
Check these other US itineraries, for road trips of a lifetime!
- Alaska Itineraries: 7-day road trip or even 10-day road trip
- West Coast: Pacific Coast itinerary or West Coast California Road Trip
- Hawaii Big Island Itinerary
- US Southwest road trip: click here for 5 days, 10 days, or 2 weeks through the American Southwest
- Florida Miami to Key West Road Trip
Stay tuned for more adventures
from our travel around the world!
Follow us now on
Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
This post contains affiliate links, which means we receive a percentage if you make a purchase using these links – at no cost to you. Our opinions are our own and are not impacted by these partnerships.
ZeWanderingFrogs.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, amazon.co.uk, amazon.ca. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc., or its affiliates.
Leave a Reply