Lassen Volcanic National Park is a beautiful park located in northeastern California, known for its geothermal features and rugged wilderness.
Things to Do in Lassen National Park
Hike to Lassen Peak
Lassen Peak is the highest point in the park and offers stunning views of the surrounding area. The hike to the peak is strenuous and involves some steep sections, but it is well worth the effort.
Visit the Lassen Volcanic National Park Visitor Center
The visitor center is a great place to learn about the park’s geology, history, and wildlife. The center has a number of exhibits and offers ranger-led talks and walks.
Go geothermal exploring
Lassen Volcanic National Park is home to a number of geothermal features, including boiling mudpots, steaming fumaroles, and hot springs. These features can be accessed via a number of short trails in the park.
Take a scenic drive
Lassen Volcanic National Park has a number of scenic drives that offer stunning views of the park’s natural beauty. One popular drive is the Lassen Peak Highway, which takes you to the summit of Lassen Peak.
Lassen Volcanic National Park has a number of backpacking trails that take you through the park’s rugged wilderness. These trails offer a chance to experience the park’s natural beauty and solitude.
How to Visit Lassen Volcanic National Park
- Get a map: A map of the park can be helpful for navigating the park and finding the attractions you want to see. You can pick up a map at the park’s visitor center or download one from the park’s website.
- Wear appropriate clothing and footwear: Lassen Volcanic National Park has a variety of terrain, ranging from forests to rocky trails. It’s important to wear appropriate clothing and footwear for the activities you’ll be doing in the park.
- Bring water and snacks: It’s a good idea to bring plenty of water and snacks with you when you visit the park, especially if you’re planning to do any hiking. There are water fountains and restrooms throughout the park, but they may not be accessible on all trails.
- Respect the park’s natural resources: Lassen Volcanic National Park is home to a variety of plant and animal species, and it’s important to respect the park’s natural resources. Stay on designated trails, do not pick flowers or plants, and leave no trace.
- Follow park rules and regulations: Lassen Volcanic National Park has rules and regulations in place to protect the park’s natural resources and ensure the safety of visitors. Be sure to follow these rules and regulations while you’re in the park.
Have you been to Montana? What was your experience? Are you planning your Montana trips soon? Share with us your adventures in the Comments section!
Check out our week long horseback riding trip in Montana!
You can also consider expanding your plan to a If you are looking for more trip ideas in the US, check out our posts on:
Stay tuned for more adventures
from our travel around the world!
Follow us now on
Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
This post contains affiliate links, which means we receive a percentage if you make a purchase using these links – at no cost to you. Our opinions are our own and are not impacted by these partnerships.
ZeWanderingFrogs.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, amazon.co.uk, amazon.ca. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
Leave a Reply